Friday, April 08, 2005

Some Poems

I was inspired to put some of my poems on my blog by Kate, http://amatterofmuse.blogspot.com/ who is a really great poet, and of course inspired to write them by the great D, Aileen Doogan.

Times

Everytime I looked, I saw your eyes
Everytime you turned away, it brought
me pain,
Forever, So close, I was there, in
Insane
Everytime your silence shouts, a part of me
dies.

All the times you were there, standing
there, so long
Allthetime I willed you there,
wishing you were mine.
Forever it would seem, but for
ever, no signs.
All the times I could have had you then,
but no, it was too wrong.

Time could see us growing, Time
could see us loving,
Time could see us fall apart,
and Time could see us dying.
For every time there is a shout,
Times there are screams
Only Time can show us if, we
make it through, to time, and
time again.

For every Time I looked and
saw you
For all the Times I've said I Loved
You
For the short short Time we have
together,
Forever, I hope your mine.

12/1/05 - for a guy who never cared

Paul II

How can your heart feel love,
when you can lie so well?
How can you be from above,
when its so obvious your
from hell?
What makes me want to
hurt you, when I can see
you do that too?
How does anyone trust you?
they dont, they're no fools.

A fool was all I was to you
A simple mind you played
so well.
Your jealous body and 'your
own' style,
An 'individual' just like all
them too.

Hate cannot describe, all these
wonderful feelings I have for you
Joy would not suffice, for an
injury sustained to you
The Devil could not inflict, all
the pain that is due to you
But at the moment I have
no time, to even bother
thinking of you.

12/1/05 to a boy who should be six feet under

The Joys

Oh the joys, the joys
The joys of life, there are too many.
Too many things that cause me pleasure,
But oh, oh too little time to do any.

How I want to increase my time
How I want to live that moment again
Life, it travels far too fast to hold on
But hold on, and your life, you could regain.

The joys, are are they things that make life worth living?
Or are they jsut the spaces between when your life ain't giving?
The glass half full, or half empty, do you think?
But all it says to me is:
"Waiter, where the hell is my next drink?"

2005, musing upon life

1 Comments:

At 5:50 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Hi nick, excellent poetry. You always think that it's not going to mean anything to anyone else but when you finally have to guts to share it you realise that people were just waiting for someone else to say it first. It really means a lot to me that you put a link on your site to my blog, I'm pretty new to it and am a bit unsure about what people like to read or not. Like I said I'm new to this, my boyfriend does all the pictures and stuff cz I haven't worked out how yet! I'll get him to put a link to your blog on there. Keep writing.
Kate. Matter of Muse

 

Post a Comment

<< Home