Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Abortion

Men should really not be able to define what a woman can and cant do with her body. having a baby is such a life changing experience for a woman. they are emotionaly, and, is suppose phsyically attatched to their babies. a man can walk out, as they often do. A 16 year old girl who gets pregnant has a life wrenching decision infront of her. How can someone that young give a child a life?its praticlly impossible.

Abortion is the only way out for some people. can you not see that?I just cant get how some people can be so against this, for some sort of religious ideal. Religion is all very well and good. The helping and caring and shit, but sometimes i think its head is in the clouds. look at the real world. kids can get pregnant. So what are they ment to do? its really which life do you sacrafice, yours or a small lump inside you. I agree that abortion is a horrible, horrible thing for anyone to go through. It tears out your heart and it rips out your soul, for ages and ages. but the alternative for some people is far worse. What if your parents are such that they would kick you out of the house, and you could end up destitute in some hostel with your kid. what life is that for either? and thats why i think abortions should be secret for kids aswell. How would yout think conservative parents would react to an abortion? far worse than a pregnancy i can tell you.Its great to have morals and everything, but i think this debate is missing the real life aspect of this. Abortion is sometimes the only way. Its choosing between two lives. your or the babies.

So before you dismiss abortion as evil etc. take one second to think of the people it affects. the lives children change. And they change it so much. forget education, forget a decent job and wage, forget going out and having fun, forget going holiday. forget having a life. People shoudl only have children wen they feel their ready for it.

2 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey,
Stoppin' by to say hi,
haven't been around for a while - good call on abortion. 'Whose life is it anyway?' sort of thing. And religion? Head in clouds? Quite literally, my friend....
Lol,
Gina x

 
At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Belinda here,
There is also the option of adoption. I am against abortion as I see it as "murder". Whilst pregnant I had an ultrasound at 7 weeks, the embryo hasn't formed into anything at that stage, it's just a small blob but the little blob that I had created had a beating heart. I then had another ultrasound at 12 weeks and by then she was a small foetus, shaped like a human with many of our features. My last ultrasound was at 19 weeks, looked like a little baby. She was so full of energy too, constantly moving around and kicking, wouldn't stay still for the lady to do the measurements lol. So to think that people abort their baby's is personally heartbreaking.

Now, you have met my small bundle of joy, Mya :D. Another thing, when I was pregnant, my foetus had a personality. You may think it sounds strange (or think im crazy lol) but if you could be pregnant you would completely understand.

Also the other thing that I told you, one of our friends was almost aborted.. that really makes you think of abortion differently doesn't it? To think that our friend was almost "aborted" as a foetus is heartbreaking.

Anyway I'm not trying to change your mind or start a debate. I'm just giving you my opinion, everyone is entitled to their own and I accept that. What I have said tells you some of the reasons why people are against it and then you can think of it from someone elses perspective.

One thing I always think, is give the mother to be an ultrasound and let her see the embryo or foetus and we'll see then if they are okay with aborting it. It bothers me that some people just don't give a s*** and they abort more than once.

Also another point is, why is the legal age for having sex 16? 16 is so immature, they aren't ready for the resonsibility that comes with sex and they are definetely not ready to be pregnant. I really think if you aren't ready for kids, don't have sex.

There's my 2 cents. Sorry it's kinda long.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home